07 November 2007

On the lighter side

I had been looking for this video since I got to Iraq. Someone showed it to me and called it the 5 stages of Individual Augmentation. Very funny...



People here LIVE off of energy drinks - Monster, Red Bull, and a whole slew of local drinks, some even have a nicotine derivative in them. This is also a video that's been floating around here because of the popularity.





Also, I saw this written on the inside door of a porta-potty and thought it was pretty funny:

All employees must wash hands before returning to war.

......

Things are starting to get back to normal around here. The battalion is in full operational mode now and running at full speed toward their goals for their tour. Me, I'm still trying to un-F%^& what the last battalion left here. Almost all their records were in shambles and I've been dealing with admin work for the past few weeks with very little to show for it. It's a little demoralizing to come all the way out here, thinking you are going to some good and find out you have to spend your days tracking equipment and training. It is important equipment and necessary training so I keep going.

The weather has definitely changed here. The days barely get above 80 and the nights dip down into the 50's or lower. Since I've already gotten used to 100 degree plus weather, the 80's feels cool and the 50's downright freezing. I am SO glad I have a sweatshirt so I don't freeze my nether-region off when I have to walk to the porta-potty in the middle of the night.

The Army-Navy game is coming up soon too. I've already started the trash talking but I have yet to get anyone on my side. What can I expect anyway. I'm one Navy guy in an Army battalion. I'm outnumbered by a lot. Either way, it's all in good fun and we all know who's going to win...

NAVY!



56 days until my R&R. It's really good to have something close by to look forward to.

1 comment:

General knowledge from a Navy Wife said...

HI ROB!!! WE MISS YOU!! Hey, have you seen my red swingline stapler?? :)